February is National Snack Food Month and a great time to talk about the best time to have snacks – in the car on a road trip! A road trip is a perfect time to enjoy snacks as you look out the window playing the license plate game. To ensure you get the most out of your road trip snacking, be sure you have a good setup:
- Get a bag or basket for any snacks you’re bringing from home.
- Make someone in charge of handing out the snacks. It helps with keeping the vehicle in some sort of reasonable shape.
- Make sure to have some baby wipes so that hands can be cleaned.
- Have some bowls or containers to help little hands keep track of their snacks.
- Bring along a little cooler if there’s room to keep things cool and fresh.
Now, let’s talk about the best road trip snacks.
Healthy – Just because you’re on a trip doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthily. Here’s some of the easiest when traveling:
- String Cheese
- Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
- Popcorn – pop at home and place in a Ziploc bag
- Granola/protein bars
- Carrot Sticks
Gas Station Deli Snacks – Those gas station delis can have some delicious snacks when you’re on a road trip. Here’s some of the best:
- Hot Dog – Make sure they haven’t been on the rotator long, and then enjoy!
- Doughnut – Some gas stations have a bakery that makes doughnuts for them, so they’re fresh and delicious.
- Nachos & Cheese – These are greats at football games and gas stations! The yellow cheese and salty nachos can be the best!
- Icees – These are a great treat if you’re traveling in summer. Some gas stations have multiple options, and you can make your own flavors. Choose from a mini to large gulp to soothe your thirst.
Gas Stations Snacks – These are the snacks that are crazy costly but taste so good as you go down the highway. The yummiest options:
- Cheezits – No one can resist that cheesy, crispy goodness.
- Chips – Any kind! Chips are one of the best snack foods out there.
- Beef Jerky – Best way to get some protein as you travel, and there are several flavors to enjoy.
- M&Ms – Nothing can beat the hard chocolate-coated awesomeness of M&Ms. Plain, peanut, or any of the other combos are an excellent choice for the whole car!
Once you finish the road trip and the snacks are gone or spilled all over the car, stop by Time To Shine and get the vehicle back in tip-top shape with a Super Ceramic wash package and our strong vacuums to clean up the inside.